We always get so clueless on what to eat and cook for dinner. It can be really stressful most of the times because at the end of the day, we always come back to
almost the same stuffs every ( day or) week. Well the case for this dinner was that, it is all started couple of days ago when we had this really good sandwich of coffee rubbed chicken at Industry Beans and OMG! It was really good and we said to ourselves that we have to make something like this at home because no surprise here that:
1. We really love good coffee.
2. We really love good steaks.
3. We really love good berries sauce.
So as a result, we thought "Hey, why not marry all them together" with good seasonings - smoked paprika, freshly cracked black pepper, ground cinnamon and the finest sea salt flakes; and boy oh boy! It was just, MAGICAL. The coffee crusted steaks really worked well with the "yehaa" raspberry sauce (due to the existence of "a bit of heat" in the sauce) and the sweetness from the sweet potato salad just complement and balance the overall components in this dish. I am not going to say anything anymore, so here goes the recipe:
Coffee-Rubbed Grilled Porterhouse Steak
500 g Porterhouse steaks
1 1/2 tbsp coffee grounds (we use Sensory Lab Steadfast Espresso Blend)
1 tsp smoked paprika
sea salt flakes
"Yehaa" Raspberry Sauce
1 cup fresh/frozen raspberry
1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
sea salt flakes
1. Mix coffee ground and smoked paprika.
2. Pat dry steaks with kitchen towel and season with sea salt.
3. Pat the coffee ground mixture onto the steak.
4. Heat heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
5. Cook steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side.
6. Let it rest on a plate covered with foil for 5-10 minutes before serving.
7. In a small saucepan add raspberry, cinnamon ground, cayenne pepper, white balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea salt.
8. Let it simmer and reduce for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potatoes Salad
1 sweet potato
toasted pine nuts
olive oil dressing
1. Boil sweet potato until tender, drain and put aside.
2. Mix everything in a bowl.
3. Prepare your preferred salad dressing.
4. Pour in salad and mix well before serving.