Butter-less Chocolate Cookies
Source: Adapted from Stephanie Cooks
*Makes 2 dozens of cookies*
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 177 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Stir together flour, soda & salt. Set aside.
3. Whisk together both types of sugar, oil, egg & vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to oil mixture & stir just until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and shape into tight rounds of about 3/4 - 1 inch. Space them about 2 inches apart on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
I still love the buttered version of chocolate chip cookies. However this one turned out great. And the chocolate chips really help in overshadowed the 'missing' of butter in this recipe. Will use this recipe again if I have nil stock of butter at home. ;)