My craving for Pandan cake can best be described...like a volcano that is about to erupt! Haha. So I woke up this morning with a great feeling that today is the day that I'm gonna bake the cake but only to find that I did not have any butter at home! Why oh why. :(
So because of that I quickly googled recipe for a basic pound cake that uses no butter. I know there are lotsa 'em but I want something that is quick and easy to make and requires basic or less ingredients, without compromising the taste and moist-ness of the cake. So I found one, a recipe from Mayuri's blog and I tweaked a bit to my preference. :)
Butter-less Pandan Cake
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tbsp of Pandan paste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Beat eggs well in a bowl. Add sugar and beat well.
3.. Add oil and milk and beat well.
4. Sieve flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold it.
5. Add pandan paste and fold the mixture.
6. Grease your baking tin (I used 8 inch round tin) and pour the mixture into it.
7. Once done, drop the cake pan a couple of inches onto the counter the knock out all the bubbles.
8. Bake it for 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.