So here's the recipe which I tweaked a bit from Himpunan Resepi Bonda's blog in order to accommodate my preference and the ingredients I have at home.
A pack of spaghetti
600g of canned mackerel flakes
200ml of coconut cream/coconut milk
2 red onions**
3 cloves of garlic**
an inch of ginger**
3 pcs of lemongrass**
3 tbsp of blended chili**
1/2 cup of dried shrimp**
3 tbsp of curry powder (for fish)
Vietnamese mint (daun kesum)
1. Blend all the ingredients marked "**".
2. Heat oil and saute the blended ingredients.
3. Put Vietnamese mint in pan
4. Mix curry powder with water a bit and pour it in the pan.
5. Keep on stirring until the sambal cooked thoroughly.
6. Add in fish flakes and pour coconut cream into the pan.
7. Season with salt accordingly.
8. Boil spaghetti as per packet's instruction and serve your laksa with onion, Vietnamese mint, taugeh, sambal belacan and etc.
As for quick sweet treat after our dinner, I managed to make a very simple churros to complement my delicious Laksa Johor. But apparently I ran out of icing sugar and had to have it with chocolate sauce. Sigh...
Simple Basic Churros
1 cup of water
1 tbsp of white sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 cup of all-purpose flour
oil for frying
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, salt and vegetable oil.
2. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
3. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
4. Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer to 190 degrees C.
5. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a churros maker.
6. Fry until golden.
And now what I wanna plan to cook for tomorrow and the day after?